The Board Support division prepares and indexes accurate official minutes of regular and special meetings of the Board of County Commissioners and
for ad hoc committees of the Board. The division processes ordinances and resolutions resulting from those meetings. Board Support maintains
all county contracts, stores these documents and makes them available for public inspection when requested.
Current and prior year (Board minutes) and audio recordings (Board Audio) of recent Board meetings are available on-line.
Please visit the Board Support Division:
- For copies of Board meeting minutes or a resolution or ordinance passed by the Board
- For copies of audio recordings from a Board meeting
- To review or obtain copies of contracts, leases or agreements with the County
- To file a petition to the Value Adjustment Board
- To review the backup material for an agenda item that went before the Board
Board actions, which list the actions taken on each agenda item discussed at meetings of the Board of County Commissioners, are available on line.
The Lake County Code contains general ordinances of the County. It is published by the Clerk of the Court, Neil Kelly, on behalf of the Board of County Commissioners.
- Access to the County's Code may be obtained from the website of Municipal Code Corporation. To obtain copies of the code contact their office at 800-262-2633.
- Ordinances that have been adopted by the Board of County Commissioners but are not yet included in the Lake County Code may be accessed from the Lake County Attorney's web page.
Value Adjustment Board
The Value Adjustment Board (the "VAB") is an independent governmental board created by Florida Statutes to accept and process taxpayers' petitions contesting the value of real estate and personal property as assessed by the Property Appraiser's Office. Hearings are conducted by special magistrates appointed by the VAB to determine whether or not property is properly assessed. If not, then the VAB has the authority to make any necessary adjustment. Florida law requires that all taxpayer petitions appealing determinations of the Property Appraiser be filed with the Clerk to the VAB. The Clerk of Courts serves as the Clerk to the VAB and the BCC Support staff of the Clerk's office receives VAB petitions, schedules hearings, and handles all correspondence of the VAB. Petition forms may be downloaded below and filed with the Clerk's Office, 315 West Main Street, Room 346, Tavares, Florida or mailed to Clerk of Courts, BCC Support Division, P. O. Box 7800, Tavares, Florida. There is a $15 filing fee that must be paid at the time of filing for the petition to be accepted. The deadline for filing a petition is in the Truth in Millage (TRIM) notice sent to you by the Property Appraiser. For more information on the TRIM notice, click the link for the Property Appraiser's web site.
For additional information, refer to these topics:
Guidelines and statutes applicable to assessments and assessment administration: