Reporting Fraud, Waste and Abuse
The Lake County Clerk and Board of County Commissioners are striving to make local government more effective, open and accessible to all citizens. Therefore, the County is very interested in receiving any citizen or employee concerns regarding fraud, waste, or abuse within Lake County government operations. Therefore, the Clerk’s Division of Inspector General has been charged with receiving any citizen or employee concerns regarding fraud, waste, or abuse within Lake County government operations.
There are 5 ways to report a concern to the Lake County Clerk’s Division of Inspector General:
- Hotline: 352-742-4429
- Fax: 352-742-4534
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (your email address will be known)*
- Mail: Inspector General, PO Box 7800, Tavares, FL 32778
- Anonymous Reporting Form
* NOTICE: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to public records requests, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
Instructions for reporting an issue:
- Describe your concern with as much detail as possible. Provide the names of all individuals involved, including any other witnesses. Give the dates and times the incident(s) occurred and where it happened. State whether there is any supporting documentation to be provided. It can be sent to the address above.
- For email, please keep a record of the date and time you send your communication. These two items will serve as your identification codes if you choose to follow up on any concerns reported.
- If no contact information is provided, please call the hotline above two weeks after reporting your concern(s). Often after we start our investigation, questions arise or further clarification is necessary to continue the investigation. Therefore it is extremely important for you to contact us after the initial contact.
It is not necessary to provide your name to submit your concerns, however, be advised that if you confidentially
report an issue and provide any information which might identify you, the Clerk’s Office will protect your identity
as far as the Florida Public Records Act allows. The Clerk’s Office cannot guarantee complete confidentiality because
(1) identification may be necessary to allow law enforcement officials to investigate or respond effectively to the report;
(2) identification may be required by law; or (3) the person accused of violations may be entitled to the information as a matter
of legal right in disciplinary proceedings.
Other agencies you can contact regarding concerns about fraud, waste or abuse:
|Fraud, Waste and Abuse by Elected Officials
||Florida Commission on Ethics
|Abuse of Children, the Elderly or the Disabled
||Florida Abuse Hotline
|Consumer Service Complaints
||Consumer Complaint Line
|Fraud, Abuse and Waste in State Government
|HMO Fraud or Abuse
|Health Care Issues
||Consumer Healthcare Hotline
||National Fraud Information Center Hotline
|Public Assistance Fraud
||Division of Public Assistance Fraud
County Resources Fraud, Waste or Abuse Report Form
Use the form below to submit a report of waste, fraud or abuse of County resources. You have the option to submit this anonymously. Please be as specific as possible.
This submission will be sent directly to the Lake County Clerk of the Circuit Court's Division of Inspector General to help ensure confidentiality.