Text Size: A A A | Print | Site Map | Hide Banner Home : Courts : Child Support

Child Support

This division, in cooperation with the State of Florida Disbursement Unit (SDU), acts as the central depository for receiving, recording, reporting, monitoring and disbursing alimony and child support payments, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 61.181. Florida law also directs that the Clerk of the Circuit Court process liens for nonpayment of support. Additionally, the section processes court cases filed by the Department of Revenue, Office of Child Support Enforcement, and assists the judiciary during related court proceedings.

PLEASE NOTE: All in-person alimony and child support payments are being processed in the Courthouse’s East Wing, First Floor from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (closing from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.).

Child Support Fees

Most fees may be paid by check, money order, or credit card. A 3.5% nonrefundable fee is charged by the financial service provider for each credit card transaction. If using a credit card, a photo I.D. which matches the name of the credit card holder must be presented at the time of the transaction. Payment should be made payable to Gary J. Cooney, Clerk of Court & Comptroller. In some cases, a credit card payment is not accepted.

Item Fee Amount
Filing cross-claim, counterclaim, or third-party complaint $295.00
Reopen Fee $50.00
Fee for alimony or child support is 4% of payment but not less than $1.00 nor more than $5.25 4% not to exceed $5.25
Issuing each summons $10.00
Filing Notice of Appeal: Circuit Court to District Court of Appeal
1.Payment to Clerk of the Circuit Court
2.Payment to Clerk of District Court of Appeal

For preparing, numbering and indexing an original record of Appellate Proceedings, per instrument $3.50
Clerk's Certificate $7.00
For examining, comparing, correcting, verifying, and certifying transcripts of Appellate Proceedings prepared by someone other than the Clerk, per page $5.00

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How can I get child support for my child/children?
  • What is the SDU?
  • How long will it take to get my check?
  • Do you offer Direct Deposit?
  • When was the last support payment made?
  • The absent parent is behind in the payment of child support. What can I do?
  • I have a new address or a new name. What do I need to do?
  • How can I get copies of payments made on my case?
  • Where do I mail my child support payments?
  • How do I stop support when my child turns 18 or graduates from high school?


Social Security Number, Bank Account, Debit, Charge, or Credit Card Number -- Any person preparing or filing a court document should not include a social security number or a complete bank account, debit, charge, or credit card number in such document, unless required by law or court rule, or necessary to the adjudication of the case... View Complete Notice

Child Support Resources
Child Support Office Location
Lake County Courthouse (CH)
550 W. Main St., 1st Floor, East Wing
Tavares, FL 32778
Phone: (352) 742-4140
Fax: (352) 742-4316