Text Size: A A A | Print | Site Map | Hide Banner Home : FAQs : Passports

Frequently Asked Questions


  • What are the requirements for a passport book and/or a passport card?
  • What is the difference between a passport book and a passport card?
  • What are the fees for a passport book and a passport card?
  • Where can I apply for a passport in Lake County?
  • Are vending machine photos or published pictures acceptable for passports?
  • How long does it take to get a passport?
  • How can I expedite my passport?
  • May I go directly to the regional passport agency in Miami?
  • I had a passport before, but it has expired. Can I simply renew it?
  • Where can I obtain passport forms?
  • But there is no official record of my birth. What can I do?
  • What if I don't have a copy of my birth certificate?
  • What if I am a naturalized citizen?
  • Do I have to personally come into the office to apply for a passport?
  • Do I have to bring my child in with me for his or her passport?
  • What if my child and I have different last names?
  • What countries require a passport?
  • I am not a U.S. citizen. How can I obtain a passport?
  • Is there some kind of waiver if I'm leaving and my passport has not been received?
  • My passport has been lost, stolen or mutilated. What must I do?